the food meme
I don't feel like coding all the strike-throughs.
1)Copy this list into your blog or journal, including these instructions.
2) Bold all the items you have eaten.
3) Cross out any items that you would never consider eating.
4) Optional extra: Post a comment here at Very Good Taste linking to your results.
1. Venison - at The Four Seasons. Superb.
2. Nettle tea - not that I'd mind.
3. Huevos rancheros - maybe I have?
4. Steak tartare - tasted my mom's, also at TFS
5. Crocodile - in Florida, where else?
6. Black pudding - wouldn't. Not into it.
7. Cheese fondue - probably twice a winter.
8. Carp - never had the occasion.
9. Borscht - but I'd like it. I love beets.
10. Baba ghanoush - my brother was married to a Greek woman.
11. Calamari - when it's good, it's good, when it's bad, it's rubberbands.
12. Pho - no.
13. PB&J sandwich - all the time.
14. Aloo gobi - I'm sure I must have.
15. Hot dog from a street cart, meat on a stick too - once you get over the fear it's good.
16. Epoisses - non.
17. Black truffle - shaved, over something, can't remember over what.
18. Fruit wine made from something other than grapes - I must have.
19. Steamed pork buns - but I don't really like them.
20. Pistachio ice cream - why is it green?
21. Heirloom tomatoes - worth the money.
22. Fresh wild berries - in the field.
23. Foie gras - silky smooth.
24. Rice and beans - love em.
25. Brawn, or head cheese - yeah, not into it.
26. Raw Scotch Bonnet pepper - K grew them one year. Dangerous!
27. Dulce de leche - can you believe it? I've had the ice cream flavor.
28. Oysters - A. I don't like shellfish and 2. too gooey.
29. Baklava - marrying the Greek woman? A mistake.
30. Bagna cauda - whata whooda?
31. Wasabi peas - though I prefer wasabi peanuts.
32. Clam chowder in a sourdough bowl - New England chowder. I don't need the bread.
33. Salted lassi - never heard of it unsalted either.
34. Sauerkraut - but I never remember to buy it.
35. Root beer float - the foam makes me a little crazy though.
36. Cognac with a fat cigar - at that wedding, the one that was a mistake.
37. Clotted cream tea - it doesn't sound good.
38. Vodka jelly/Jell-O - a blue one.
39. Gumbo - K makes a decent gumbo.
40. Oxtail - K made this while I was pregnant. Three extra days of puking.
41. Curried goat - in Jamaica.
42. Whole insects - I'll pass.
43. Phaal - wha?
44. Goat’s milk - goat's milk cheese.
45. Malt whisky from a bottle worth £60/$120 or more - I'd like to.
46. Fugu - K has, I don't particularly care.
47. Chicken tikka masala - I like it very much.
48. Eel - no thanks.
49. Krispy Kreme original glazed doughnut - but they've got to be fresh.
50. Sea urchin - nope.
51. Prickly pear - no, and I'm allergic to a lot of fruit so I'm not experimenting.
52. Umeboshi - no.
53. Abalone - is it gooshy? NO.
54. Paneer - I don't think so. Maybe.
55. McDonald’s Big Mac Meal - ONCE A YEAR.
56. Spaetzle - no, but I would.
57. Dirty gin martini - no, but I would.
58. Beer above 8% ABV - not that I know of.
59. Poutine - maybe. I have some Irish friends.
60. Carob chips - sadly. Carob is such a poor excuse.
61. S’mores -yeah sure.
62. Sweetbreads - tasted some, bad consistency for me. Not really into organ meats.
63. Kaolin - like Shaolin but food?
64. Currywurst - nope.
65. Durian - do I want to know what this is?
66. Frogs’ legs - taste like chicken!
67. Beignets, churros, elephant ears or funnel cake - all good.
68. Haggis - not really into the whole stuffed thing.
69. Fried plantain - pretty good.
70. Chitterlings, or andouillette - chitterlings, when I was little, never again.
71. Gazpacho - yeah yeah.
72. Caviar and blini - you can keep the blini.
73. Louche absinthe - absinthe seems a little scary to me.
74. Gjetost, or brunost - no clue.
75. Roadkill - I think I'd rather have Gjetost.
76. Baijiu - no.
77. Hostess Fruit Pie - I'm just remembering how strangely greasy they are.
78. Snail - there was a very good French restaurant near my childhood home.
79. Lapsang souchong - is this a big deal?
80. Bellini - I would.
81. Tom yum - don't know what this is.
82. Eggs Benedict - I have to be in the mood.
83. Pocky - Pocky goodness!
84. Tasting menu at a three-Michelin-star restaurant - I'm pretty sure.
85. Kobe beef - I'd like to, just haven't had the chance.
86. Hare - on Easter!
87. Goulash - at the Russian Tea Room maybe?
88. Flowers - like nasturtium? yeah.
89. Horse - in France.
90. Criollo chocolate - what? Mexican? I think so.
91. Spam - don't really care to.
92. Soft shell crab - one of K's favorites. Not mine.
93. Rose harissa - identify it and I might.
94. Catfish - in Oklahoma, in the middle of nowhere.
95. Mole poblano - a specialty of the house.
96. Bagel and lox - no lox for me, thanks.
97. Lobster Thermidor - yeah, sure.
98. Polenta - anything corn is good for me.
99. Jamaican Blue Mountain coffee - in Jamaica.
100. Snake - not in a million years.