five lists of five*
Five Things At Work
- My lunch pals. Varied in age/experience/lunch preference, I am thrilled by their company each day.
- Knowing what I need to know. I rarely make mistakes these days and have learned when people are manipulating me.
- I never have to work late. Sure, I check my emails late into the night, but my boss sends me home and is all about "family first."
- The perfect commute. A long enough train ride to do the puzzle, a bracingly long walk from the train to the office.
- The café downstairs. I don't need to explain, do I?
Five Things At Home
- Middle is done with his shoot! Which was taking place in my home! We've been overtaken by props and lighting and now we are done!
- I made the right decisions for our window boxes. Although they have no flowers, they are leafy and green and wonderful.
- We sleep with the windows open and light blankets.
- K stained the hallway floor and it looks wonderful. And it only took four days to dry completely.
- The Irish Neighbors are coming for wine and cheese on Sunday!
Five Words I Love
Accessories You Should Own
- A narrow brown belt
- A pair of black stiletto heels
- Champagne glasses
- Retro-looking sunglasses
Nice Things To Do For Someone Else
- Bake something. Brownies are always welcome. Without nuts, just in case.
- Write a sweet note. Everyone is emailing. Write something on paper.
- Watch the show he wants to watch. You don't always have to have the remote.
- Ask for the recipe and mean it.
- Be kind to their children - even if you have no patience for little ones.
* Thank you Schmutzie.